We’re not done yet, but I couldn’t wait to post progress from James’ Tiki ring. This thing looks so fucking cool I can’t stand the thought of giving her away.
But give it away, I shall. James has been an awesome client and he’s been very patient as I’ve perfected this monster. I’ve just finished sanding it and it’s in the tumbler right now.
I kinda dig how it looks without a final polish. I wonder if we should consider a brushed finish on this F’er. James, drop me a line and let me know what you think.
This tiki ring isn’t the only piece I’ve been filing and sanding today. I’ve got a preview of the new JUPTER SKULL – the absolute goddamn King Kong of all skull rings.
That’s her right now in two pieces – the master cast of the both the skull and the jaw. Still have a TON of work to do here. YOu can see that the jaw still has a big ugly sprue sticking out of her.
The master cast is two pieces, but I’ll fuse them together at the wax phase for clients so they are still cast as one piece. This also allows me to config this bad boy with an open-jaw if the client so wishes.
I was really torn on even posting these yet because I’m weeks and weeks away from finishing it. But I couldn’t help it. It also shows some of my clients why the process takes so long. These things are UGLY when they come out of the fire. This one’s already had a LOT of cleanup work done to it by my pal Louis.
I’m hoping to have the Jupiter introduced by the end of July. We’ll see how it goes.